AZADV 2017 REGIONAL CONFERENCE
One of the greatest benefits of conference attendance is the opportunity to interact with and learn from our fellow docents and volunteers from all over the country.
Share your ideas, challenges, and successes by presenting a program to other zoo and aquarium volunteers at the 2017 AZADV Regional Conference in Greensboro, N.C. Topics may address any aspect of the modern zoo or aquarium. Papers that inspire, educate, and advance docent and volunteer knowledge and skills will receive priority. Send a proposal for your paper presentation with the following information:
- Your name, address, complete phone number and e-mail address
- Zoo/aquarium affiliation and AZADV membership category
- Title of your paper
- Abstract description of presentation
- Audio-visual equipment requirements. The deadline for AV changes is September 1, 2017. If you need to make a change after that date, you will be required to cover the cost.
Abstracts should be in Microsoft Word format, typed, double-spaced and only one page in length.
Oral presentations should be 45 minutes in length. This includes 10 minutes for questions and answers.
Please email abstracts/papers to email@example.com with the subject “Paper for AZADV.”
Accepted presenters will have their registration fees reimbursed provided for one volunteer per paper, provided they are volunteers (not employed by a zoo or aquarium), AZADV members , meet all the host’s guidelines, and sign a release form.
- For submitted Paper Abstract: April 15, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2017
- Completed Papers Due: July 15, 2017